Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Silent retreat at the Galilee Retreat Centre in Arnprior

This past weekend I went on a silent retreat in Arnprior at the Galilee retreat centre.

The retreat was awesome. It was given by three Jesuits, Father Hasina, Jason and Boniface.

The grounds were fantastic. It would be amazing to be able to go there in the summer when there is no snow. But I have to admit that it was beautiful with the snow. Very quiet. Very peaceful. Perfect for being with God.

On one of my walks outside some chickadees nudged my hands. I think they must have been used to people feeding them. Alas, I had no food to give them. Instead I just asked them, along with the squirrels, to praise and thank God with me. They did.

I will write more about it later. For now, here is a video that my sister Maureen put together of some of the pictures I took while there.



No comments:

Post a Comment