Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Butchart Gardens

Monday we went to Butchart Gardens in Victoria. Oh my what a beautiful place.

We spent the better part of the day there. Fred again used the tablet for pictures, and I include only a few below, we have to many to show them all.

One thing I love about the West coast of Canada, is the trees. Big beautiful honking trees. Unfortunately none of them were identified at the Gardens. I do know the California sequoia Redwood trees now, which are my favourite I think.

But we also noticed trees whose branches are all bent into curvy shapes. I asked one of the gardeners what they were and he called them "contorted" trees. They aren't a single species of tree, but he said any tree can become contorted. I don't think I've ever seen that in Ontario. Probably because every winter our trees freeze solid from the freaking cold. Who knows?

And the daffodils. They are everywhere in Victoria. And I mean everywhere.














No comments:

Post a Comment