Friday, November 8, 2013

Jack

Death is never easy. This one was especially hard. A good friend who wasn't religious at all died yesterday. He had lung cancer along with other medical problems.

He underwent a round of chemo, radiation, more chemo, then into emergency twice, ICU, and finally palliative care. My husband Fred was a rock for Jack. I prayed daily for them both.

I prayed that Jack would make his peace with God before leaving us. I brought a good friend who is a priest to visit him at the hospital. They had a good talk I'm told. I was also able to get the chaplain at the hospice to give him the Sacrament of the Sick an hour before he died.

I prayed that my favourite saints and angels would intercede for Jack: St. Faustina, St. Ignatius, Walter Ciszek, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Raphael and St. Gabriel, Hector (my guardian Angel) and Blank Theo (my sister's guardian Angel).

I believe in God's Mercy and Love for all humans. For me. For you. And for Jack. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment